- We have¬ 2 openings for a full-time¬ FOOD UNIT LEAD¬ position.
- Location: Dayton ISD, 100 Cherry Creek, Dayton, TX 77535.¬ ¬ Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Mon-Fri
- Requirement: Child Nutrition Experience Preferred, Bilingual Preferred, Serve Safe Certified Preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining Services. That‚€™s about 2.6 million young students we provide meals and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies Chartwells‚€™ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not only our business; it‚€™s our commitment to the communities in which we serve.
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer.¬ At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.¬ Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 92059